Sunday, May 10, 2015

Anna form September to May

I've never been so ready for summer. This year has been full so much stress, I am so done. On top of the school stress, I have spent the past four weekends waking up at 6:30 for an all-day volleyball tournament. I've never been so tired for so long. I'm always tired, and in the summer, SLEEP is what I'll be doing. So my motivation has clearly gone downhill. I hate to admit it, but I was so much more motivated in the beginning of the year. I was planning on reading every page in my AP text book twice, study for every test weeks in advanced, and so on, but that didm"t exactly happen.
 
If you see me in the hall, chances are I look like this. Photo from http://cliparts.co/tired-clipart

Another example of my motivation that's changed, you can see it in my blog. I was planning on writing a lot on makeup, but I haven't wrote strictly on makeup since Christmas. I wore a lot of makeup in the beginning of the year, in fact I wore wayyy too much. Now, I only wear mascara and a little concealer for redness, and of course I need my eyebrows to be on fleek. I'm sure people see it as I look a lot uglier than normal, but I do it so I can sleep. I can now sleep in thirty more minutes than I used to which feels like thirty more years of sleep. 

I've also realized to stay away from the drama. I was so caught up in the gossip and who was dating who and cared about popularity in the beginning of the year. Now, I know if I keep a few friends close, I will be happy, and the rest doesn't matter even a little. 


I learned so much from all the volleyball I've been doing too. I spent a lot of time with older girls during high school season, being one of tow freshman on the JV team along with Amy Playing a sport has taught me so much, especially this year. The most important thing I’ve gained from my volleyball team is my friends. Some of my best friends play with me, and I wouldn’t of met them if I hadn’t played volleyball. I met one of my current best friends in a rec soccer league in the third grade. Friends are obviously such an important aspect of a good life, and being on a team will create a bond with your teammates unlike anything else. Something else I've really learned this year is how an attitude can effect a group. This season I’ve had a few experiences where I can’t preform to my best because of the negativity surrounding me. I really learned to ignore a certain player or coaches comments that put me down, and focus on the goal of the game. Overall, I've learned so much from being commented to a team and playing a sport I know and love. 
My High School JV team 
Me and my parents during club season
People and sports have really influenced me and how I've changed. It's really made me think how am I going to change from May 10th 2015 to the day I graduate? I know my sister has changed so much from that time. I just hope it's an exciting journey full of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment