Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Holiday Look

One of the many reasons I love the holidays: is it's a good excuse to try new and fun makeup and outfits. The look I am showing you is what I wore to my family christmas party, but it is great for any of your holiday festivities.

Makeup: Christmas is the one of the few times you can try something new and go all out on your makeup. If you are someone who is comfortable with a little powder and mascara, then by all means go for it. This is just what I found looked best and most formal for a family party.

Dior Spray Foundation- This is a full coverage foundation, and may be a little too heavy for some, bb cream works well too. Also, this is a very high end product and is fairly expensive, drug store foundations will work great as well.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer-  I focused this mainly under my eyes to highlight.
Naked Flushed Palette in Native- This palette comes with a blush, highlighter and bronzer. I used all three for this look

Mac Studio Careblend Pressed Powder- I dusted this lightly all over my face, but focusing it on my t-zone to prevent getting shiny throughout the night.
Elf Eyebrow Kit- This kit has a darker gel and a light powder to create the perfect eyebrow look. I used the shade medium.
This is the simple eye look I had for Christmas. 

Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ocre- I used this as a primer or base for my eyeshadow.
Naked Basic 2 Palette- I used the second lightest color, "stark" all over the lid, "cover" in my crease and "skimp" to highlight my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye.
Stila Brown Liquid Liner- I typically use black eyeliner, but so the eyes weren't so intense, I used a dark brown without a wing instead.
Revlon Eyelash Curler- I suggest curling your lashes before your mascara every time, it makes a huge difference.
Maybeline Rocket Mascara- This is one of my favorite mascaras, but I accidentally bought it in dark brown, so I begin with only one coat all over the top and bottom lashes.
Covergirl Lash Blast- This is the perfect mascara for a final coat due to its intense black finish.

Buxom Lipgloss- Buxom is known for their long lasting lip products, so I finished off my look with a red, "Roxanne" to add the perfect pop of color.



The outfit I wore to the party. 

Outfit: 
Shirt- American Eagle
Skirt- Nordstrom
Tights- Nordstrom
Shoes- Nordstrom
Scarf- TJ Maxx





Hair: 
All I did with my hair is curled it with my conair wand from Walmart. To make sure the curls stayed all night, I used my hairspray by Avion.

No comments:

Post a Comment