Thursday, January 15, 2015

How to Get Your Learners Permit

My blog is titled, "Freshman Survival Guide," so chances are if you're a freshman, you'll be getting your permit soon like I just did. Oh the process is not so fun, but the driving part sure is and trust me, it will be worth it. I failed the test my first time but ended up getting it on my second try, I'm going to share with you the things that worked for me to help you get your permit.

Photo Courtesy of : http://www.carson.org/modules/showimage.aspx?imageid=4345

1) STUDY!

This tip is obvious, but it is the best advice I can give, just study. What worked best for me was not reading out of the dull and boring book, but online tests. In fact, my mom grabbed me the wrong book, the one that teaches you how to drive semi trucks so that wasn't too helpful. With only taking the online tests, I think I did pretty well.

2) Practice-

I drove a lot before I got my permit, but mainly on roads without many other cars. I think its important to practice a little so the day you get your permit, you won't be driving a car for your first time. Also, there were a few questions on the test I wouldn't know without previously driving.

3) Talk-

Having an older sister that's a senior and being best friends with a junior really helped me. My sister took the test 4 times so she knew what she was talking about and the questions that could be on the test. I highly suggest talking to someone who has their permit about what to expect and see their tips and tricks.

4) Don't get too confident-

Yes, confidence is key, but don't expect to know the questions on the test. There was a question asking about motorcycle insurance in other states, and I'm expecting not many people know that without learning it. The questions really do vary and you may get lucky. I also got a question that had a picture of a stop sign with the "Stop" blurred out. So some are incredibly easy and some are just random.

How to prevent failing more than once:

I assumed the test I was going to take the next day after not passing would be completely different, was so wrong. The test was almost identical. At the end of the test they show you the questions you got wrong, so got through them! It will help so much if your test was anything like mine because all you have to do is memorize a few answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment