Thursday, May 7, 2015

How to have a memorable and productive summer ☀️

We have all had too many days in summer waisted away because of netflix or sleeping in or just being lazy. Trust me, I love those days probably more than most, but I still want to make memories this summer and get a lot done. Here are some ideas on how to spend your summer doing the best things possible.

1) Get a job-
This one is no doubt the least fun step for a great summer. I've never had a real job, but this summer I'm forcing myself to get one. Because I'm fifteen and will have hopefully get my license in about 6 months, I would like to have a car on my 16th birthday. Sadly, I'm not going to get a porche handed to me by my daddy, but I will be working to pay for my car. Getting a job and being able to buy something you want will make you feel like you actually accomplished something this summer. Money is an amazing thing, and I know I spend a lot of it over the summer, so get a job to allow you to buy what you want!

2) Find a sport/hobby- 
Last summer, I spent my Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's playing beach volleyball with one of my best friends. I will never forget those practices and tournaments because of all I learned. I had so much fun on the court, and I was able to take the skills learned there and apply them while at my high school volleyball tryouts. Find the thing you love, because the summer is the perfect time to practice and learn more about that sport or hobby. I've had so much fun over the years playing with my friends, Alexis and Bryn, we really bonded from that experience.
These pictures are from playing beach (or sometimes grass) volleyball over the past two years. 


3) Be with who you want to be with- I'm sure we all know those people we "have"to hang out with, but you're summer will be so much better if you're with those that you actually like. Surround yourself with good people that make you happy, and you always have a good time. Also, make some time for your family. My sister is graduating so it's my last summer with her; I'm going to make sure I spend as much time as possible with her. With school out, the last thing you want is to go through stupid drama in the summer, so ditch the drama and be with those you love
4) Camp- I'm lucky to live in Park City with the Uinta Mountians camp grounds only 30 minutes away. Camping doesn't have to be a huge production with a trailer, go camp in your car, a tent, or even under the stars. It's something new and exciting and will for sure make great memories.
5) Staycation with friends- Go out and explore your area with you friends. Go to the nearest city and shop, drive to a lake and swim, go for a hike or really anything that you normally wouldn't think of doing. It's really fun to see your city as if you were a tourist and not a local. Maybe you could even convince your parents to let you spend the night in a hotel with a nice pool, that's always a good time.
One of my favorite memories from last summer
 was having a picnic with my sister Sierra at the Jordanelle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment