Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Goodbye?

My best friend I've ever had is my sister Sierra. I'm not saying that because "she's family" or "my mom told me to," but my sister really is my best friend. We have such a strong bond with each other, and we actually get along unlike most siblings. She is no-doubt my biggest role mode; Her cumulative is above a 4.00, she is one of the kindest people out there, not many people can make me laugh as hard as she does, she is pretty, she is motivated, she is everything I want to be when I'm her age. Why am I bragging about what a wonderful sister I have? Because she's leaving me in about three months to go to college in Montana.
If you can't tell from this collage, my sister and I are kinda close.
I hate talking about her leaving to college. Whenever the conversation comes up, I usually leave because I don't want to start crying and make our happy dinner conversation turned into everyone crying and being depressed that she's leaving us. Sometime I wonder if she thinks I don't care about her leaving because of how little I talk about it. Like what am I supposed to do when we have dinners with my cousins and extended family? Who am I going to talk with the whole time? Who is going to drive me to the gas station to get donuts and lifesavers so we don't have to deal with certain people in out family?

Photo Credit: Mom
Missoula, Montana is roughly 7 hours and 42 minutes driving non-stop from Park City. Normally when I need advice or if I'm angry with my parents, I walk downstairs and we will end up singing Hannah Montana and Beyonce until midnight, but now I have to drive eight hours? I don't know how I'm going to survive. Phone calls and FaceTime aren't going to be nearly enough.

I know I'll get to see her during breaks, and with the close family I have, we will fly or drive out there very often. It may seem as I'm overreacting about this but I don't think most people understand how close we are. The students at The University of Montana are so lucky. They are gaining a truly amazing person. 

If you're going through the same thing, grab your sibling and listen to Rivers and Roads. I can guarantee you will end up crying and hugging for a long period of time. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment