Thursday, February 12, 2015

Travel Guide

Over Presidents Week I will be visiting Seattle, Washington for six days and I am planning for my trip. I love traveling, I've been everywhere from Costa Rica and Mexico to Portland and Hawaii. I plan on my job being related to travel, and try to leave my town whenever I get the chance. From all of my travel, I have learned a few things on how to spend your limited time wisely. I hope my tips will help you have the best time on your future vacations.

1) Pre-Plan-

I've been planing for my trip to Seattle for several weeks now because I want to make sure I do everything possible to see the greatest aspects of the city. Trip Advisor is a life savor for pre-planning where you are going to eat, the best tourist attractions, and the little holes in the wall that you would normally not visit. TV Food Network used to have a show called, "Best Thing I Ever Ate" and if you type in Google, "Best Thing I Ever Ate" followed by the city you are visiting. My mom and I were watching that show and ended up going to Portland because of a restaurant featured on the show.

Trip Advisor has everything from restaurant reviews to local's favorites.  Photo from http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60878-Seattle_Washington-Vacations.html






2) Find a Reason-

Vacations are always so much more exciting if you have a reason to go. The reason I'm going to Seattle is for the coffee shops and flannels, so my mom and I will have a plan on what to do, making the trip have a purpose. This also makes the "pre plan" part much more exciting. My mom and I had a great experience when I was in fourth grade in Portland, OR. We saw a clip on TV Food Network about a biscuit place in Portland, so we made it a priority to go. I think this makes the experience so much more exciting and you may end up somewhere you love, like I did.

Pine State Biscuts was featured on "
Diners Drive-in's And Dives"
and we ate there as soon as possible. 

We made sure to find the "Keep Portland Weird"
wall while in Downtown Portland
















3) Know where you are-

Although this is a vacation and a break from school, it helps a lot to know where in the world you are! Look up the city you're visiting on the map, you will then learn the area, landmarks, and surrounding rivers, lakes etc. This may sound ridiculous but I can guarantee it will make a difference in your trip.

I hope these few simple tips will help with future vacations, because I know it has helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment