Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nail Tips-Pros and Cons

I wish I could be the girl that can go without nail polish and not mind it, but I am the opposite. I always need to have polish on, in fact I haven't had "naked nails" since the fourth grade when my obsession of nail painting began. There are a few ways to have your nails look good. All of them have the good things about them and yes, they all have some downsides. Here are some insight on all the kinds to find what best suits you.

Acrylic- I got acrylic nails for the first time last week and I absolutely love them. I got them done with my friend Alexis, and we had a few issues with the application process. It's all about where you get them done. We had an okay experience at California Nails in Redstone.
Pros- Last for a very long time, makes your nails longer, you get to pick your own length to your liking, and most importantly, no chipping.
Cons- Painful to get them on, weakens your nails when taken off, expensive, time consuming.
Gel- Gel nails are a great alternative for lazier people that don't want to re-do their nails often. It is a gel polish painted on in the color you want. Then you put it under a UV light for about a minute. When you take it out, another coat is applied and you repeat the process about five times.
Pros- No chipping, shiny, keeps the nail strong while on.
Cons- Expensive, weakens nails when taken off, and expensive.
My "polish station" kept in my
room with all my favorite nail colors. 
Paint/Polish- I have a full on nail rack in my room just for all of my polishes, clearly I have a slight obsession.
Pros- Cheap, easy, and you can either do it yourself or professional.
Cons- Chipping is really the only issue with painting your nails, but they chip so easily it becomes a big problem.
Glue on- These nails are super fun to have for about a week. You can buy them just about anywhere and all you need to do is keep the glue with you on at all times.
Pros- Cheap,  do it yourself, makes your nails look much longer, and fun designs to choose from.
Cons- Comes off easily, especially in PE (I know this from personal experience), doesn't last too long

If I had all the money and time in the world, I would pick Acrylic nails as my favorite. But sadly they were pretty expensive and took a really long time, so I won't be getting them done too often. I think having your nails painted is a super fun way to add a personalized touch to your outfit. I have always loved the looks of done up nails and I think its totally fine to occasionally splurge to make your nails look extra good.

No comments:

Post a Comment