Monday, March 23, 2015

How to "Deal With It"

Everyone knows that one person. The one person that stresses them out beyond belief. The person that has made you stay up all night or cry or even make you want to quit. For me, this person happens to be one of my teachers. I also got super lucky and have a coach that I just can't deal with. This past month, I've really let these people get to me. Its effected my sleep, grades and certainly my attitude. I never thought that someone could put me down so much. I consider these people to be bullying me which may sound a little ridiculous, but they both are. Over the past few days I've finally figured out how to deal with these people.

My best advice is to just forget about them. In most situations, you will be done with them eventually. When my coach yells at me, all I think is "I only have one more week of this," and with my teacher, I just think "Only one more quarter of dealing with her."

Bullying photo from
 http://imgkid.com/bullying-pictures-clip-art.shtml
Another thing that I learned this week that is incredibly important is stand up for yourself. If this person hurts your feelings and puts you down, they are a bully. We are always taught to stand up to the bully, so do it even if they are an adult. I'm usually a pretty quiet person in class and do what I'm told, but I stood up for myself and fixed a huge problem with my teacher. I know it sounds scary, but just try it, it could make all of the difference.

This may seem like the opposite of what I just said but I promise it's not. You need to do what they tell you and do it right. If your coach is yelling at you or even making fun of you for how you do something, just take a deep breath and do it. It won't hurt you and it will make them happy to see you doing it right. But if what they are telling you

Now this may sound like a bad idea, but getting parental involvement may help. I totally understand not wanting to do this because of the fear your "bully" will treat you worse. But talking to a principal or manager or whoever it may be, can really help you. The person bothering you may have no other option but to fix their behavior, cause if they don't, they may get in a lot of trouble.

Photo from:
http://nikoshome.com/2010/06/bathing-on-a-bathtub/
In the end, the best thing to do is just take a deep breath and try to forget about them. Relax, take a bath and drink some tea and do what ever you can to not let them get to you. A bully is someone who has power over you, so don't let them have that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment